My MacAir has 1Password for Chrome. How do I install it on a new iMac for both Chrome & Safari?

crollinhark
crollinhark
Community Member

I have 6.8.8 on Chrome on my MacBook Air. When I open Chrome on my new iMac (10.13.4), 1Password shows in the toolbar, but I get a "couldn't connect to 1Password" message. Uninstalling & reinstalling the extension and restarting didn't help.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:My MacAir has 1Password for Chrome. How do I install it on a new iMac for both Chrome & Safari?

Comments

• crollinhark
    crollinhark
    Community Member

I have 6.8.8 on Chrome on my MacBook Air. When I open Chrome on my new iMac (10.13.4), 1Password shows in the toolbar, but I get a "couldn't connect to 1Password" message.

• Hey @crollinhark! Could you check for updates in 1Password for Mac and get version 6.8.9 to see if that helps with things?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @crollinhark! Sorry to hear about the trouble just now. Can I ask you to check your Applications folder, and see if 1Password is installed? If it's not, that would certainly explain why it can't connect. :)

Chrome will place the same extensions you have on other devices into your Extensions on any new instance of Chrome where you've signed in with the same Google account...but that doesn't mean you have 1Password installed. Check that, and if you don't see it, grab yourself a copy of 1Password 6.8.9 for Mac, then quit Chrome and install it. That should allow the 1Password extension in Chrome to connect to the main 1Password app. What method are you using to sync your 1Password data?

This discussion has been closed.