1Password 7 for mac blocks all use. Rejects my attempt to upload license when asked. Licensed 2013.

glenna_g_parker
glenna_g_parker
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Downloaded 1Password 7 for mac today. Program totally blocks my use and any website contact. Receiving numerous popup notices every few minutes asking me to register or get an account. Acts as tho I am not registered or owe money. I am a long time user--registered in 2013, license # [deleted number should not be posted publicly], order # 6684977. Run a small home business. Not having access to my passwords and to use them is devastating to say the least. Have had only one robotic response from 1Password.. Please, will a HUMAN contact me. Need to get this up and running ASAP or find out how to revert back to 1Password 6 soonest!

g. parker
[#ANH-38784-571]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 for mac blocks all use. Rejects my attempt to upload license when asked. Licensed 2013.

Comments

• fourwheelcycle
    fourwheelcycle
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

1P 7 for Mac is a required new purchase, so you would need to buy a new license to use it. If you loaded 1P 7 into your Mac it should have saved your 1P 6 installation in a zip file. You should be able to drag 1P 7 to your Trash, then open the 1P 6 zip file and keep using it.

If I don't have this right a Team member will come along and correct this info, or add details.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Perhaps you are not aware that upgrading to version 7 is a paid upgrade, requiring that you purchase a new license or take a subscription for a membership. You can revert to version 6 and use it as long as you like, as long as a future OS update doesn’t break it.

I am going to delete the license number you posted, which should not be in this public forum.

• glenna_g_parker
    glenna_g_parker
    Community Member

Thank you. If I were to take a subscription for membership for version 7, could I be billed annually--not monthly?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If I were to take a subscription for membership for version 7, could I be billed annually--not monthly?

Yes, and paying annnually will reduce your monthly cost a bit. If I remember right, the annual billing is the default choice when you sign up.

• glenna_g_parker
    glenna_g_parker
    Community Member

Thank you. And, is the subscription, paid annually, a contract/agreement that I could choose to end later, if that became necessary?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

And, is the subscription, paid annually, a contract/agreement that I could choose to end later, if that became necessary?

Yes. Instructions for managing your subscription, including canceling it, are found on this web page:

https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you end your subscription, and do not buy a stand-alone licence, you will still have read access to your passwords, but won't be able to edit or to use 1PW itself for filling.

• glenna_g_parker
    glenna_g_parker
    Community Member

Thank you hawkmoth and danco! :-)

• glenna_g_parker
    glenna_g_parker
    Community Member

OK. Tried to purchase 1Password. In the 1PW Create an Account block, I entered the code sent to me by 1Password to verify my email account--which BTW works perfectly--but 1Password just hangs with little spinning wheel. Now what? Start over or...? Frustrating!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@glenna_g_parker I see you've written into our email support folks also, as well as starting two other threads in this forum. I also see my colleague Jacob has replied to you there. In order to keep the confusion of multiple people replying in multiple places (and because we may be discussing details of your personal 1Password setup that shouldn't be in this public forum), let's keep the conversation going via email, if you don't mind. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danco, @hawkmoth, @fourwheelcycle - thanks for helping out Glenna in this thread, your advice was spot-on. :)

This discussion has been closed.