Problems with multiple vaults

Options
Adwiz
Adwiz
Community Member

I've used 1Password happily for a long number of years but my wife now has her own computer and needs access to my passwords. I'm currently syncing with iCloud and since her Apple ID is different from mine using the same vault isn't an option. So I deleted her iCloud vault, set her up to sync to Dropbox and then I added Dropbox to my 1Password as an alternate vault. That's when things fell apart. Even though I had deleted her iCloud vault, it seemed to continue using it as a reference source (maybe because of the addition of the new vault?) After two full days of syncing it appeared to be completed. That's when I noticed that now I had duplicates of pretty well every password. That meant over 1100 additional passwords that were really the same (it didn't seem to kick them out if they were identical). Worse, her vault still doesn't have any of the passwords from my vault. I'm really confused now. It shouldn't be this difficult. What's the secret to getting two married people who live in the same home having access to the same password information?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @adwiz, I'm so sorry for the trouble you've gone through! Dropbox syncing is meant to be used in a single-user use case to sync your data across your devices. If you'd like to share passwords between two users, I'd highly recommend checking out our 1Password Families memberships - both your wife and you will have your own account with your own Personal vault, and you'll both also have access to a Shared vault. Any items moved to your Shared vault will be accessible by both of you. You can learn more about the benefits of a membership here:
    https://support.1password.com/why-membership/

Now, regarding your duplicates, are all the duplicates in the same vault? Or do you have one set of data in one vault, and a duplicate set in another vault?

This discussion has been closed.