I'm having trouble logging in on version 7

rleutwyler
rleutwyler
Community Member

Just downloaded version 7. It found an account on my mac "Ric Leutwyler" and asks for my master password. I use the login that gets me into the app on my phone and iPad... and on the old mac version... and it says its the wrong password. I just reset the password for logging in to your website... then tried that login. That doesn't work either??? Please help.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:i'm having trouble logging in with 1password 7. It says it found an account on my mac...

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rleutwyler! If 1Password 7 for Mac found an account you'd previously created, then that means that, at some point in the past, you visited 1password.com and created a 1Password membership/account. As part of that process, you'd have been asked to create a Master Password. Because this is a 1password.com account, that Master Password could be different from the Master Password you've been using for your standalone data on your Mac, or - if you chose at the time - you could have used the same Master Password as the one you use on your Mac's copy of 1Password. It's sounding as if you chose a different Master Password when you created this 1password.com account, and that's why you cannot get into it at this point.

Do you have the Emergency Kit you would've been prompted to save when you created the 1password.com account? If so, you should be able to get your Secret Key and your Master Password from it. However, if you don't have both your Secret Key and your Master Password for that 1password.com account, you won't be able to access it. In such a case, we'd be able to send out a deletion email to the registered email address on your account, containing instructions for how to delete the account.

For now, are you able to unlock 1Password 7 for Mac on your Mac? Or still having troubles?

• rleutwyler
    rleutwyler
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. I am still not able to open 1Password on my Mac. Still working fine on iPad and iPhone. Sounds like we do need to delete the account since I can’t locate the emergency kit. I do seem to recall someone sending me something that said my secret code started with... not sure what to do other than delete the account. I’ve been using your great service for so many years now. Love it.

• rleutwyler
    rleutwyler
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Also... We have a family license.

[image redacted by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rleutwyler - thanks for the kind words about 1Password. 😊I'm sorry to have removed your screenshot; those kind of personally-identifying details should not be on this public forum. What I'd like to do instead, since further conversation will include more details of your specific 1Password setup and licenses/accounts, is have you write an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/442555/#Comment_442555
    • Your forum username: @rleutwyler

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

• rleutwyler
    rleutwyler
    Community Member

Thanks. Here is the support ID number - #GVZ-79348-213

• rleutwyler
    rleutwyler
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

[license information removed; this is a public forum]

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @rleutwyler, we will be in touch.

ref: GVZ-79348-213

This discussion has been closed.