Verified credentials won't install 1Password 7 on OSX

j33per
j33per
Community Member

After a lot of hassle, I managed to install 1Password 7 on my MacBook. I then wanted to install it on my iMac using the credentials with which I'm able to log into 1pwd on my MacBook but to no avail. To say it is driving me insane is an understatement! I have been using 1pwd for years and went with all upgrades but I'm now at the end of my tether. Why is it so difficult to make the process seamless? Exceedingly disappointed in Agilebits, I have to say.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

It would help us to help you if you provide just a little bit more information, please. In particular, do you have a standalone licence for 1Password 7 or are you using the 1Password.com subscription service? What exact versions of 1Password 7 do you have installed on both Macs (go to 1Password 7 > About 1Password)? What exactly happens when you try to install 1Password 7 on your iMac? Is there any error message, or is it some other sort of problem?

The more information you can provide the easier it will be for someone to help.

Stephen

• j33per
    j33per
    Community Member

I have a subscription
    iMac and MacBook both have the same version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.4 (70004001) AgileBits Store
    Can log in with my credentials on the MacBook, same credentials do not work on iMac. No error message as such, just a pop up that says my credentials aren't correct.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @j33per! I'm sorry you've had a hard time in getting upgraded to 1Password 7 all around. Thanks for the update as well.

Can log in with my credentials on the MacBook, same credentials do not work on iMac. No error message as such, just a pop up that says my credentials aren't correct.

Previously, your MacBook and iMac were using 1Password 6 for Mac? And the data was in sync between the two? If so, then just upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac shouldn't have caused any change of the kind you're describing. Can you please (on both Macs) open 1Password 7 Preferences > Vaults and tell me what you see in each one? Are they identical? Or does one show something different from the other? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.