Can I disable 1Password Mini autofill in my browser?

thinkswan
thinkswan
Community Member

When I invoke the 1Password Mini keyboard shortcut with Google Chrome open, it autofills my login details for the current tab instead of showing the 1Password Mini window. If I store extra details such as security questions/answers in 1Password, I need the 1Password Mini window to open so I can copy the answers.

Is it possible to disable autofill and always show the 1Password Mini window when invoking the keyboard shortcut?

Great work on 1Password 7, really enjoying it for the most part!

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm guessing that if you go to 1Password 7 > Preferences > Browsers and un-check Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords that will achieve what you want...unless I've misunderstood, which is always possible. :)

Stephen

• thinkswan
    thinkswan
    Community Member

Stephen, appreciate your suggestion! However, I do not have the "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords" box checked.

Another side effect of this potential issue is that on a non-login page of a website associated with a 1Password entry, the keyboard shortcut does not open the 1Password Mini window at all. I assume it is trying to be smart and fill in the login fields, but then fails to find the fields and does nothing instead. :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@thinkswan - can I ask what keyboard shortcut you're using to invoke the mini? If it's command + backslash, that's the command to auto-fill/submit. If all you want to do is open the mini, try command + option + backslash instead.

• thinkswan
    thinkswan
    Community Member

@Lars My keyboard shortcut for 1Password Mini is Control + Space. Any other ideas by chance? :)

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thinkswan! If you open up the 1Password app, then go to 1Password 7 > Preferences in the top menubar, you'll see three keyboard shortcuts. The first one ("Lock 1Password") you can ignore for this, but the next two ("Show 1Password" and "Fill Login or Show 1Password") are different and very important. The latter (and the one you're currently using) autofills if available, while the former simply brings up the 1Password Mini window no matter what, doing no filling at all. That middle keyboard shortcut is the one you're looking for. :)

• thinkswan
    thinkswan
    Community Member

@Henry Wow, don't I feel silly! Thank you so much for pointing that out. Case closed. :)

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@thinkswan You're very welcome! And don't feel silly at all. :)

Let us know anytime if there's more we can do to help you!

ref: HCL-62996-735

This discussion has been closed.