How to locate legacy vault?

boris123
boris123
Community Member

When upgrading to 1Password 7 I was notified that 2 vaults existed. I selected the most recent one, and the migration completed with success. Now, I would like to remove the legacy one. How can I locate it? I searched my disk for a file including "agilekeychain" but I couldn't find any legacy vault anymore.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @boris123! Thanks for stopping by. Do you mean you got a notification that two data sources existed? Or that you had two vaults? Because if it's the latter, you shouldn't have had to choose anything; 1Password 7 for Mac will import your entire set-up, including however many vaults you have. That's why I'm guessing it was the former -- two different data sources (one from the AgileBits version of 1Password, and one from the Mac App Store version -- did you at one time have both of those installed? Not necessarily simultaneously, just one at one time and one at the other?) If so, that's what you saw -- and choosing the most-recently-modified one is indeed the correct way to go about your import.

However, you don't really need to remove the other version's data. It's fully encrypted, and can't be accidentally leaked or revealed without the Master Password. If I were you, I wouldn't bother searching out and removing that old data; it doesn't take up much space, and although it's no longer needed, it's also not causing any problems.

• boris123
    boris123
    Community Member

Hi @Lars, thanks for your reply. You're right, it was the former ...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@boris123 - thought so! As long as you're all set here, I'm fine with leaving things are they are. If you need anything else, though, don't hesitate to ask! :)

This discussion has been closed.