1Password not working with Opera.

daveathall
daveathall
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I am just going to uninstall the Opera browser because 1 Password will not work with it, I have tried everything bar drop kicking my Mac down the road.

I have tried the solution you offer, doesn't work.

Using Mac Book Pro and 1 Password 7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

I honestly wish I had not upgraded to 7, nothing works, safari extension doesn't work, I uninstalled Opera. I may as well have stickies with my passwords. Please e mail me. This is a disgrace. You have my e mail as mu username.

• binarystatic
    binarystatic
    Community Member

unrelated to v7, v6 doesn't recognise the latest version of Opera either

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@binarystatic, @daveathall: You'll need to update to the latest version of both 1Password and Opera. Opera has changed their code signature, and only the current version of 1Password will recognize it. Similarly, if you're using an outdated version of Opera, only an outdated version of 1Password will use the old code signature. You can download everything you need here:

https://www.opera.com
    https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://1password.com/browsers/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• binarystatic
    binarystatic
    Community Member

thanks. I figured out in another thread that you can't upgrade from 6.8.8 to 6.8.9 through the Apple app store unless you uninstall 6.8.8 first. I've got it working now after that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for the update. Indeed, Apple doesn't have an update process for apps which are no longer "for sale", but you'll be able to get the test version from your purchase list. Sorry for the confusion there.

• jonbrad
    jonbrad
    Community Member

Seems broken again today. 1password v7.0.4 and Opera 53.0.2907.68, when I fire up Opera the 1password plugin shows for about 5 seconds then disappears. Uninstalled & reinstalled plugin and no change.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonbrad: You say "again", but I don't see any previous messages from you. This actually happened to me today when I opened Opera since there was an update, which pretty much breaks things in Chrome-based browsers. Go to Opera > About, check for updates, and the restart it. You'll also need to have both the browser and 1Password installed in /Applications. Let me know how it goes!

• jonbrad
    jonbrad
    Community Member

@brenty sorry I meant "again" as in I could see others were suffering earlier in the week, and yesterday it was broken for me despite all the updates, so I assumed based on the above something had broken Opera again.

I'd updated Opera, done all the usual fixes ie restarted it, no joy, reinstalled the 1password extension (no joy), restarted Opera again and every time after a few seconds 1password would disappear from the bar. (Chrome/Safari/Firefox were all working fine throughout)

Today I haven't touched it, just woke the Mac up and Opera was still running in the background and working. Restarted Opera just to double check & still working fine. Go figure.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonbrad: Ah, no worries! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other information I was missing. And yeah, that's really weird. I'm glad it's working for you, but I have no explanation why it would now suddenly. If you encounter further issues, please let us know so we can investigate further.

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

It is still not working, I uninstalled Opera and did exactly as you say, when I press cmd \ all I get is this;

[img]https://i.imgur.com/33GOtHOl.png[/img]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daveathall: I'm sorry to hear that. I still don't have any idea what you're using though. Can you tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you have there?

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

Mac OS 10.13.5
    1 Password 7.0.4
    Opera 53.0.2
    I don't know how to find the Browser version.

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

Actually, no extensions seem to work, why cant you leave things alone? It used to be good, it is a train wreck (for me) at the moment, If you want to help, hows about some screen shots, a walk through talk through rather than a couple of links that dont work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daveathall:I'm not sure what you mean by "left things alone"; we haven't made changes to how this works. I hear you, but if I sent you screenshots without even knowing what you're using, you might not have found them that useful. ;) Thanks for the info! We'll get to the bottom of this. :)

First, make sure that you have both 1Password and the browser installed in the default system /Applications folder. If either is somewhere else, macOS sandboxing will prevent them from communicating with each other. You may need to restart your Mac afterward, but if that's the cause that should resolve your problem.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening in your case:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#MIQ-69281-277]

If you’re reading this and you are not daveathall, this Support ID is for daveathall only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: MIQ-69281-277

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

Thank you very much, I have sent the report.

• bbAte
    bbAte
    Community Member

updating opera to 53 fixed this issue for me

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bbAte: Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@daveathall: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you as soon as we can! :)

ref: MIQ-69281-277

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

Brilliant, thank you very much for your help, everything is working perfectly now, both in Opera and Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's great! I'm glad that installing a fresh copy of the browser helped. Have a great weekend! :)

• daveathall
    daveathall
    Community Member

Thank you, I must admit, previously I had uninstalled it many times but to no avail, the only difference on the uninstalling was that previously I had used "Clean my Mac 3," this time, I just dragged it to the bin.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, indeed, "cleaner" apps often delete things they shouldn't, so that's not something we recommend. Anyway, glad dragging it to the Trash and installing a fresh copy did the trick. :)

This discussion has been closed.