Using the "item history" feature with Documents in the Web App

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I tried to dig into the item history of a document that I update frequently and I wanted to see what was in that version. However I could not download that file. The GUI only offered me "Click to Upload" (as if there was no document) or Restore. But that's kind of difficult to decide if I want to restore a version, when I don't know what's in there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• You're right, @Manaburner... it's pretty darn difficult to make the right choice in that case. Looks like we need to handle things better. I've filed an issue in our tracker (4432) for us to take a look at that. Thanks for reporting it.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @rickfillion

Btw. is it possible to clear the item history manually?

• @Manaburner : it is not. I think you're the first person to request such a feature. Can you tell me more about what you'd be looking to accomplish with that?

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@rickfillion it’s also related to Documents. I have uploaded a lot versions in a short time. I’m sure I don’t need the earlier versions so I’d like to delete them.
    I know this doesn’t make sense for password items and other ones where you need the history just in case. But for Documents in my case it does.
    I use 1Password X on my Linux workstation at my job and I don’t have another way to „send“ files to myself. That’s why I upload them to 1Password

• Gotcha. Good to know. Thanks for elaborating. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.