Can my Secret Key be reset on your server? I'm unable to find a secret key using your instructions

nibblemac
nibblemac
Community Member

I followed all your instructions on how to find my secret key. It is not in any of the locations on my computer. I also do not have an emergency kit. I tried to install 1Password 7 but the application install just sat for an hour doing nothing. I first assumed that it was finding and converting my 1Password 6 data. Apparently it wasn't, so I stopped the install and deleted 1Password 7. I then recovered the 1Password 6 application and it is working fine. However, I can no longer install 1Password 7 and sign in without the secret key. I can also no longer create a new account because my email address is already in your system. The secret key process is beyond frustrating! I think you should be able to sign in to your website with only a username and password without having to also have a secret key. Create a secure process on your website for people to find or reset the secret key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can my Secret Key be reset on your server? I'm unable to find a secret key using your instructions

Comments

• bradamiller
    bradamiller
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I signed up for an evaluation account back in March, then decided to keep going with the standalone apps that I have and have managed to loose the secret key. Now that V7 is out, I've paid for the account on the Mac App Store, but can't create or log into my existing account because I no longer have the secret key. So my current copies of 1Password are all standalone and sync with iCloud and are working perfectly, I just want to upgrade to V7 which requires me to log in.

• Hi folks,

This guide may help:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

If ultimately you’re unable to locate your Secret Key please email our sales team at sales@1password.com to start over. Please allow them a few days to respond, they’re incredibly busy at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.