My wife cannot sign into her vault on her side of our MAC when she tried to upgrade to Version 7

j_shelby
j_shelby
Community Member

My wife tried to upgrade her vault on her side of her MAC desktop and ever since has been unable to unlock her vault with her password. At this point after several attempts she would just like to get back to version 6 or earlier if it would simply recognize her password which up until now it has done for 6 years. I am operating on my side with version 7 OK although most of the entries are duplicated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My wife cannot sign into her vault on her side of our MAC when she tried to upgrade to Version 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @j_shelby! I'm sorry for the trouble you and your wife are experiencing with the upgrade to 1Password 7. When you say "on her side of her Mac desktop," you mean her user account? Do YOU have a user account on that same Mac -- in other words, is this a shared computer? If so, you can't run two different versions of 1Password for Mac on it, one for you and one for her.

I am operating on my side with version 7 OK although most of the entries are duplicated.

If that's the case, it sounds as if you likely signed up for a 1Password.com membership/account at some point, possibly during the upgrade to version 7. If so, we can certainly assist you with getting rid of the old vault and/or any duplicates, but if you did this, then it's possible your wife did as well? To get a better idea of what might be going on with your 1Password 'ecosystem', I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of you and your wife's devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending them:

[#CIN-44612-344]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

ref: CIN-44612-344

• j_shelby
    j_shelby
    Community Member

Dear Lars,

I started 1 Password during Version 3 several years ago on our I Mac which we share. We are partitioned via password the iMac and I thought when my wife came online during version 4 that everything was OK. I had added my iPhone IOS by syncing with my side of the IMAC and she did the same with her I Phone. Now when we try to open 1 Password on either my side of the I Mac or on hers we only see my passwords and not hers. My I phone still shows my passwords but I cannot seem to sync up as I used to do with Version 6. My wife now only sees her 1 Password passwords on her I Phone but not on her side of the I Mac. We will attempt to create diagnostic reports as requested.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@j_shelby -- thanks for the legwork of creating those diagnostics reports; they're truly useful. Let's keep the conversation going over via email, if you don't mind, to avoid confusion and also because we may be discussion details of your 1Password setup that should not be on a public forum like this. :)

This discussion has been closed.