Notification to update won't go away

PaulP1
PaulP1
Community Member

Just a small issue with notifications of new updates: Every time I boot MacOS I get a notification that there is a new version of 1Password (6.8.9) and I tick 'ignore this version', as it doesn't apply to me. But the next time that I boot MacOS, I again get the same prompt to update.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:every time i boot MacOS I get a notification that there is a new version of 1Password and I always tick 'ignore this version' as it doesn't apply to me. But next time I boot MacOS, I get the same prompt to update.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PaulP1 - thanks for reporting, and sorry for the confusion. "Ignore this version" should work for you, but I'm not sure what kind of limitations there are on that. Honestly, if you'd like to get rid of that dialogue, I'd recommend updating 1Password to version 6.8.9. The only difference was a resetting of the browser code signature for Opera (because the Opera devs themselves changed it) -- literally nothing else was changed in that update from 6.8.8 to 6.8.9.

Another alternative would be giving the brand new 1Password 7 for Mac a try! :)

• PaulP1
    PaulP1
    Community Member

Thanks Lars,
    I didn't know that there was a new version 7. I'll try that.
    Paul

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PaulP1 - awesome! There's a lot of great new features in version 7; the entire interface has been reworked. Make sure you read through the blog post, and note that, as a full-version upgrade, version 7 requires either a 1password.com membership or the purchase of a new license (done in-app). Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.