To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I recover my Secret Key for a new account?

Options
asking_questions
asking_questions
Community Member

I just started a 30 day trial of a 1password account. My Secret Key was displayed on the screen but it told me there's no need to write it down. Then, when asked whether I wanted to store my Emergency Kit I clicked "Remind me Later" and logged out of the website. Now I can't log back in because it requires a Secret Key. Any attempt to log back into my account requires my Secret Key which I do not have. I'm confused why I was allowed to click "Remind me Later" and log off without any warning that I wouldn't be able to log back in.

How do I recover my account and continue my trial? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @asking_questions, I'm so sorry to hear that you ran into this. I absolutely agree that we need to do more here and we are in the process of improving this to hopefully avoid these scenarios.

I can definitely help you reset your account, but we'll need to take this to email. Please send your request to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread. You'll receive an automated email with a Support ID - please reply here with that ID so that we can find your email faster!

• asking_questions
    asking_questions
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Meek. The support ID is #SER-64877-984.

• asking_questions
    asking_questions
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Meek

I haven't received a response to my email, and I'm still unable to continue the trial. Should I just not expect to hear anything until next week at this point?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@asking_questions: Sorry for the delay. I've found your email and will reply to you there shortly.

ref: SER-64877-984

This discussion has been closed.