Vulnerable Passwords not working on Mac...

SBConsult
SBConsult
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Just setup my 1Password7 Web Account, transferred over all my data to the "Personal" online vault in my Mac app and all is working great except for the "Vulnerable Passwords" option in Watchtower. It's working online in Safari and found several Pwned passwords but it not working in the Mac app. Hmm? PS the new version and features are amazing! Great Job to the whole team! :-)

1Password Version: v7
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: High Sierra
_Sync Type: Your servers

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @SBConsult! If you open 1Password and go to 1Password 7 (in the menubar) > Preferences > Watchtower, is "Check for Vulnerable Passwords" enabled? If it's not, be sure you do so—then try using the Vulnerable Passwords option from the sidebar again. You may need to wait a moment for 1Password to download the full database from haveibeenpwned.com.

If it's still not working, let us know—a screenshot of what you're seeing and a description of exactly what's going wrong when you press "Vulnerable Passwords" in the sidebar would help us out a lot. :)

• SBConsult
    SBConsult
    Community Member

FYI... The option WAS checked in Preferences and wasn't working. But I went back in for the heck of it, 'Unchecked the option and ReChecked it and Poof, everything suddenly appeared like its supposed to. FYI... I had done that a couple of times the day before with no success but I guess the 3rd time was the charm. With so many users upgrading to version 7 makes me wonder if the Servers are just needing some time to catch up with all the demand? Anyway, awesome update! :-)

Thanks HenryCS

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad it started working for you @SBConsult! I'll keep an eye out for more issues like this one and report it to the developers if other people are having trouble too. :)

Yay for you loving the update—let me know if you have any more questions or feedback about it, and my teammates and I are here for you for more anytime!

This discussion has been closed.