How to get rid of old 1Password 6 now that I have 7?

The_Ricky
The_Ricky
Community Member

I installed 1Password 7 and everything seems to be working just fine. But I now have 1Password 6 & 7. How do I get rid of 6 without affecting 7?
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Family membership

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

When you installed 1Password 7 it should have created for you, in your Applications folder, a zipped copy of your 1Password 6 installation called 1Password 6.zip. So long as you're happy that everything is working as it should with 1Password 7 you can simply drag that zip file to the trash. 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 store their data in different places so nothing you inflict upon 1Password 6 will affect 1Password 7.

Stephen

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

@Stephen_C
    Thank you for your response. But in my Applications folder, I see 1Password7.app and 1Password.app. I don't see any 1Password6.zip file. This is becoming a major pain because when I tried to use 1Password to fill out my browser logins, 1Password 7 tells me to install the browser plugin but its already install. And 1Password 6 is also trying to fill out my browser login.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Until more expert help rides to the rescue to explain to you what the devil is happening on your computer just do this. When running 1Password 6 quit it fully using control + command + Q. You should then be able to run 1Password 7 without 1Password 6 interfering. The browser extensions currently used by 1Password 7 are the same as those used by 1Password 6 so, in theory at least, everything should just work.

Stephen

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

I did fully quit 1Password 6, but one issue its stating to happen is that when I try to use autofill on Chrome, it tells me to install the extension which I did install it successfully, but when I go back again to use autofill, it keeps telling me to install the extension. Very confusing.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @The_Ricky! Since you downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to delete the old 1Password 6 (labeled "1Password") yourself, from Launchpad or by dragging it to the Trash from your Applications folder.

Once you do that, let us know if you're still running into trouble with filling and we'll do our best to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.