I have a 1Password 6 license. I downloaded "7", but am unable to open it.

mwbalbus
mwbalbus
Community Member

MacBook Pro, OS - High Sierra. Purchased "1Password for Mac" license.

Downloaded 1Password 7. When I open it, it asks me to find my "account details" by "Scan setup code" or "Enter info manually". I don't not have a "Setup Code" or a "Secret Key". When I attempt to find a "Secret Key", I find a message stating: "If you purchased 1Password as a standalone app without a membership, then you don’t have a Secret Key, and you don’t need to sign in when you open the app."
Unfortunately, I don't know how to get past the window that requires a "Setup Code" or a "Secret Key" in order to open the app.
Do I need to purchase a new license? What am I missing here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You, as many others, have been sidetracked by the setup screen into trying to set up an account on 1Password.com, AgileBits' subscription service. If you look at the screen shot in this post what you should be doing is clicking on Need a license? We have those too.

Stephen

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@mwbalbus In case you're not seeing the screen that Stephen_C mentioned, you can also purchase a 1Password license from the 1Password 7 menu in the system menubar, and then import your data from 1Password 6 with File > Import or by using the Dropbox/iCloud options on the setup screen!

Let me know if you'd like any more help with this. :)

ref: QCM-54521-331

This discussion has been closed.