I am having issues attempting to sync my vault between macOS High Sierra and iPhone 7 Plus

Bruce_Avenida
Bruce_Avenida
Community Member

I am having issues attempting to sync my vault between macOS High Sierra and iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.4). Recently bought a standalone 1Password7 and installed on my Mac desktop -not able to sync vault with iPhone using WLAN method: ERROR: OPERATION TIME OUT.

1Password Version: 1Password7 version 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:I am having issues attempting to sync my vault between macOS High Sierra and iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.4). Recently bought a standalone 1Password7 and installed on my Mac desktop -not able to sync vault with iPhone using WLAN method: ERROR: OPERATION TIME OUT.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Well the good news is that WLAN sync does work between 1Password 7 on a Mac and 1Password for iOS because I use that all the time. However, WLAN sync can be a little temperemental at times. Forgive me if I ask two basic questions:

1. Do you have the standalone version of 1Password 7 properly installed on your Mac? For example, if you go to 1Password 7 > Preferences > WLAN Server is everything there set up as it should be, with the relevant option checked and the vault selected?
    2. Have you tried rebooting your Mac and your iPhone?

Stephen

• Bruce_Avenida
    Bruce_Avenida
    Community Member

Ye I have done all of the 2 items you mentioned. And getting the problem: Operation timed out.

• Hey @Bruce_Avenida! I’d be happy to help. :) Since the WLAN Server is an advanced sync method, there's only so much we can do to help with syncing, and we've gathered all our tips into a nice troubleshooting article to get you moving:

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest trying iCloud or Dropbox sync instead, or simply using a 1Password account, which is the best way to sync your devices. It's paid with a subscription, and it includes the latest version of all the 1Password apps so you don't have to worry about purchasing upgrades in the future. All your data is stored safely on 1Password.com behind a Secret Key and your Master Password so no one but you can access it. Check out this article for a bit more info about 1Password accounts.

Sync with them is seamless, and if there's ever an issue we can troubleshoot it very quickly since it's a system we built. With third-party sync services like Dropbox and iCloud, troubleshooting sync has a lot of variables, and we've tried to document them the best we can on our support website, so if you do want to troubleshoot things the best place to start would be there. I'm very happy to help you set up a 1Password account and migrate your data to it if you want to take that route. :) We've got a great article to get you started:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

This discussion has been closed.