upgrade to 7

Raynes
Raynes
Community Member

upgraded to #7 and now I cannot sign on. No longer recognizes my password and asks for a Key

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raynes: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps -- including the 1Password 7 update -- the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Either way, let me know if you have any questions. :)

• Raynes
    Raynes
    Community Member

I am using a new laptop, but I was accessing my 1Password account on it. Only when I upgraded to 7 did I encounter all these problems. I have been a member for years. Why cannnot my account be verified?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raynes: I'm still not sure we're on the same page here. Are you paying a subscription for a 1Password.com membership?

• Raynes
    Raynes
    Community Member

I am not planning on paying again unless my membership has expired. Everything was operational until I clicked on the 7 upgrade. Again, why cannot my existing account be verified?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raynes: That's just what I mean: it doesn't sound like you have a membership at all. If you do have a 1Password.com membership and are paying a subscription for that account, all of the apps and upgrades for all platforms are included. If you're not paying for a subscription for that, you don't have an account at all, and each version is a separate purchase; so you'd need to pay for version 7 in order to use version 7.

Anyway, I see that you've also emailed us separately, so we'll continue the conversation there in case any sensitive information about your purchases needs to be discussed as we try to figure out what you're doing. I'll close this and reply there shortly.

ref: LBE-21245-921

This discussion has been closed.