MacOS: Passwords in new subscription account, iOS pws in old vault, impossible to access new accnt.

Options
tommybsvensson
tommybsvensson
Community Member
edited June 2018 in iOS

Upgrading to 1Password7 turned out the be a extremely difficult. Now I have 1Password version 7 and a subscription account into which the passwords in the old vault where imported on Mac OS. When logging in to the 1P7 on Mac OS I use the new account password.

On iOS there is no newer version of 1Password than what I have. I followed the instructions and used the QR code (finding the scanning function in the iOS app wasn't easy!) and got something that look like this:

https://my.1password.com
(my email)
Account info
Show secret key
Account status: subscriber
Change password
Logout

What to do with this I don't know. All my passwords on the iOS app is still the old ones in the old vault. I have to use the old vault password to get into the 1Password app on iOS. When I try to login with the new password it is not accepted. But on MacOS is is only the new password that works. This is what convinces me that MacOS and iOS apps are not using the same information.

I find no place where I can access the new subscription account passwords on iOS. I assume that old vaults and new subscription account do not sync with each other. So thereby I will have to make any changes or additions twice, both in new and in old. There just must be some way to use the same account on all devices. But I have no idea how to do that, and I can't find any information on the 1Password web.

Please explain how to make this work.

Best Regards,
Tommy Svensson

Comments

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

Why even put the information about the new account in the iOS app if it cannot be used ? I must assume that there really is some way to access this new account information and use the same account on both MacOS and iOS. But I have clicked everywhere I can find in the iOS app but cannot find any way to access it.

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

Where can you see these vaults ?? I can find no vaults what so ever in the iOS app.

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

Oops found it!

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

I have now found the vaults in the iOS app. From also looking in the Mac OS 1P the vault named "Personal" seem to be the new vault. So I removed the "Primary" and only use "Personal" on iOS. But still I'm forced to login with the old password and the new vault password is not accepted.

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

I now also tried to make the new vault the "vault to save in", but still I'm forced to login to the old and it is impossible to login with the password for the new, which is the only password working on Mac OS. So I have to use separate passwords on iOS and MacOS. Thereby I'm still convinces that It is not the new vault being used on iOS.

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

I'm now spent hours trying to make this damn thing work!! Why is it so totally quiet ?? I started tweeting and got response but when forwarded the link to this forum, nothing ...

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

Sucky forum! Do I need to copy all this into a single new thread just to get an answer, so it doesn't look answered ?

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

Since there clearly need to be 0 replies to get an answer I felt forced to make a new thread.

See this: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91897/macos-passwords-in-new-subscription-account-ios-pws-in-old-vault-impossible-to-access-new-accnt#latest

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommybsvensson,

I'm sorry about the trouble you're having with setting up 1Password and getting access to all your data. Since you've also contacted us through email we'll continue the conversation there and help you get it sorted out.

ref: LEA-52485-455

• tommybsvensson
    tommybsvensson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We received the diagnostics report you emailed us from your iPhone. Someone from our support team will look that over and follow up with you again in email as soon as possible. I'm closing the discussion here so we can focus attention to helping you there. Thanks for your patience while we're working with you on this!

This discussion has been closed.