1p-mini screen-estate

itp
itp
Community Member

Is there a way for us to have the 1p-mini (v7) discretely appear in the right-upper corner of the browser again instead of the middle of the screen? (Firefox on macOS)

Also when I'm prompted to provide my fingerprint to unlock, I now see two dialogs on top of each other: one by the application (with the big blue fingerprint-image) and one provided by the OS. Not a pretty sight..

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macos 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Is there a way for us to have the 1p-mini (v7) discretely appear in the right-upper corner of the browser again instead of the middle of the screen? (Firefox on macOS)

@itp: Yep! You can drag the 1Password mini window wherever you want, and it will remember its position. This is a little hard to do right now while unlocked, but you can click anywhere on the locked 1Password mini window to drag it.

Also when I'm prompted to provide my fingerprint to unlock, I now see two dialogs on top of each other: one by the application (with the big blue fingerprint-image) and one provided by the OS. Not a pretty sight..

It sounds like you've left the main 1Password window open. If so, that's expected, as macOS will bring that in front too when the app is focused. Closing the main 1Password window when you're not using it will help. And since 1Password runs in the background anyway to enable browser integration, it will still open quickly when you need it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• itp
    itp
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, @brenty

Could you elaborate on your assumption that the main 1Password window might be open? Is there another way to check for that instead of looking at the open programs in the dock? My impression is that the main window still pops-up even when 1password is not running (the main app, that is). See screenshot included (for what its worth)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@itp: Aha. I thought you were describing something else entirely. That's expected. The small dialog is not 1Password; that's macOS. Similar to the Touch ID popup on iOS devices. It's not something we have control over.

• itp
    itp
    Community Member

Hmm... I'm pretty sure this behaviour is new since the last update, or else I wouldn't have reported it. With 1P v6 usually only the OS's touch ID-popup was shown in this use case. The 1password-dialog was only shown occasionally when I had to reconfirm my master pwd.

I must say I find this quite a dealbreaker from a UX/UI-perspective: even if it is "just an extra dialog with which no interaction is needed (it will close automatically with the closing of the OS pop-up", it is intrusive, it takes up a large part of the screen (1P tends to "forget" the size and position of the dialog every once in a while, I've noticed).. and thus it breaks "flow"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't think it actually hurts anything. As you said yourself, it closes automatically; no interaction is needed. But if there's a way we can go without it, I suspect we will. Thanks fort he feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.