VERSION 7 standalone for STANDALONE users since 2013

dkt
dkt
Community Member

This people forgot they used to sell their app as STANDALONE
In their information about the new version 7 they never properly explain what happens once people installs the new version
They should absolutely tell Standalone users what they need to do with the mysterious SECRETE KEY which standalone users don't need as they claim in this website
However once installed version7 REQUIRES it and entering the various suggestions they give simply enters an endless loop and as STANDALONE users never had one they are stuck
Also, is not true that VERSION 7 includes a VERSION 6. Is only a standard MAC PKG with nothing else.
I don't need to keep my data in any cloud. I do not want to have another monthly subscription.
All I want is to be able to keep using and paying for the new version of this software and use it as I like the best
Also .... I wrote several emails, and got no replies whatsoever. This is a terrible way to treat customers who paid and updated since their software was out.
SO DO MR. TEARE has in mind to sell a STANDALONE VERSION for his software or not.
IF not I will me more than happy to swap to any other software

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Yes, you can still get a standalone version of 1Password 7 but only if:

• you download the 1Password 7 app from the AgileBits' website (and not from the App Store); and
    • when you get to the setup screen you choose the option towards the bottom that says, *Need a licence? We have those too."

For the cost and terms of the 1Password 7 standalone licence see this AgileBits' blog post which includes, tucked away at the bottom:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

Stephen

• dkt
    dkt
    Community Member

I din't download from the applestore but onbly from your website. As I lunched it I never read the line asking me if I wanted a standalone or not. Sorry but this is what it is

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@dkt If you're only seeing the sign-in screen, you can purchase a license to use 1Password 7 standalone from 1Password 7 (in the top menubar) > Purchase 1Password... and then choose Need a license? We have those too.

Let us know if you need any more help!

ref: HNV-16633-272

This discussion has been closed.