I have used 1Password for several years on my iMac version 10.13.4 but now it is hung up

Joeirwin
Joeirwin
Community Member

I have used 1Password for several years on my iMac version 10.13.4 but now it is essentially inoperable. A few months ago I paid for and installed 1Password Version 7.0.4 but I suspect that I failed to install Safari Extensions at that time. Thus I was never able to addd new logins or changer existing ones. Recently I figured out that Safari extensions were important and tried to add them. Now I am unable to Install Browser Extensions from the menu. My download folder lis greyed out and contains a file called 1Password 4.7.1 Safariextz but when I try to run it a small window says: “an error occurred wen installing the extension 1Password. Please help me make 1Password work on my Mac.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: None
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:I have used 1Password for several years on my iMac version 10.13.4 but now it is essentially inoperable. A few months ago I paid for and installed 1Password Version 7.0.4 but I suspect that I failed to install Safari Extensions at that time. Thus I was never able to addd new logins or changer existing ones. Now I am unable to Install Browser Extensions from the menu. My download folder lis greyed out and contains a file called 1Password 4.7.1 Safariextz but when I try to run it a small window says: “an error occurred wen installing the extension 1Password. Please help me make 1Password work on my Mac.

Comments

• Joeirwin
    Joeirwin
    Community Member

I think I've discovered a fix. I found an icon that I was looking for and dragged it into the URL line.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Joeirwin: It sounds like you may have found a solution already, but if you need help with this or anything else, please let me know. Safari can get into a weird state sometimes where it's database is damaged so that it won't install the extension. Here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.