Unable to set Alt+CMD+\ to "Show 1Password"

Xipper
Xipper
Community Member

Ever since upgrading to 1Password 7 I am unable to use Alt+CMD+\ to show 1Password, when I am in the menu to set the shortcut it says that pops up with "The key combination ⌘C can't be used!". If I go into keyboard preferences and set the same key combination it show is as being Alt+CMD+\, so obviously the system is right and it is 1Password that is failing.

1Password 7 in general is a massive disappointment to me, I find it obnoxiously sluggish and the UI to be massive step backward from the previous versions.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Are you running Alfred? If so, does this other user post help at all?

Stephen

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @Xipper! In case you're not running Alfred, something else is likely overriding that shortcut. Another service that comes to mind is the Zoom feature of macOS Accessibility (System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom), and disabling the keyboard shortcuts there might let you set them in 1Password.

If that still doesn't do it, you can try booting your Mac in Safe Mode and setting the keyboard shortcut for 1Password there.

Let us know how that helps and we're always here for more :)

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Yes! That did fix it, thanks.

The solution is: Open Alfred Preferences, select Features, click File Search, click Actions section, click in box at bottom and delete.

I never use the File Selection features in Alfred so I didn't realize that was set. I wish there was some tool that would expose what shortcuts are used across all apps.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@Xipper I'm glad Stephen_C found you your answer. :chuffed:

Let us know anytime if there's anything more we can do to help!

This discussion has been closed.