new iMac, already own 1password7, downloaded but can't get past all the barricades

eita
eita
Community Member

I purchased 1password7 in May, iMac crashed, have new iMac, have to download app again, have stand alone license, don't have key or any info. I have 1password active on iPhone. Can't get past all the barricades to open on new iMac

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:new iMac, already own 1password7, downloaded but can't get past all the barricades

Comments

• eita
    eita
    Community Member

1password7, OS 10.13.4, all I need to do is activate the 1password7 download, already own, don't see how to do this

• Hey @eita! You should have gotten an email with a link to add your license to 1Password 7 after you purchased that license. It has a nice blue button in it that you can click to add the license. Do you still have that email?

For your data, you can install 1Password 7 and sync your existing data from your iPhone using Dropbox, iCloud, or another sync method you used in the past. All those options are available on the setup screen.

• eita
    eita
    Community Member

hello Jacob, I just checked my email, nothing with a link. I purchased 1password7 on 5/23/18 and it was up and running before my iMac crashed. I have a note showing my Order ID, not sure that is the license. But the app was activated successfully. Maybe the problem is I'm still uploading apps to my. new computer, and haven't added dropbox. I thought I was using iCloud, which is operating.

• eita
    eita
    Community Member

But I can't open 1password7 to put in the order number which I think is the license.

• eita
    eita
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,
    Success!! I tried to open 1password7 yet again and this time it found iCloud, and when clicked the vault and all my passwords appeared. Thank you for your help.

• @eita So glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.