How do I speak on the phone to a 1P support person?

jcminnesota
jcminnesota
Community Member

I am a senior citizen with some computer skills...but words like cache evade me. So reading your FAQ's and instructions sometimes make no sense to me.....and the solution is to talk to a real live, incredibly talented good communicator in "peter rabbit" language to get support and answer questions. For example I may decide to go with the 1P subscription but if I do I have to "migrate" my password data from my standalone apps on my MAC and IPhone and IPad. Migrate? I know quite a bit about bird migration but this is a mystery. Of course you have a step by step guide, but I do not have the confidence to follow (or understand) all the steps......PLEASE give us an option to talk to a person....not a robot...not a canned voice mail......

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I speak to a 1P expert?

Comments

• Hi @jcminnesota! I see you've emailed us as well, and you have a conversation going with Michael there right now, so let's keep that one going. At the moment, we’re not able to offer phone calls. We have a lot of wonderful users and want to respond to them all personally, so email is the best place for that. Thanks for understanding.

ref: JYE-12411-936

• jcminnesota
    jcminnesota
    Community Member

I am very disappointed with your response. I do not feel I have a "conversation" going with Michael. I ask a question and I get referred to 1P support pages...... that I was not understanding in the first place! And there are days that pass before I get a response. Thats why I wrote this post. Also I am disappointed with your statement that email is the best place for responding personally to users. I find it disturbing that the use of the term "conversation" and terminology "email is the best place for...... responding personally" have been morphed into impersonal digital terms now. "Conversations" happen between people talking to each other......not exchanging emails or texts. Unfortunately, I feel it is becoming a larger societal problem that you are reflecting.

In my opinion, the Apple support model is one that you all should strive to emulate. A phone call to Apple support results in an immediate phone response with an actual direct "conversation" with an real human....and two levels of support---one for basic questions and an opportunity to elevate to a senior support person. They also have extensive forum, email and FAQ capabilities that no doubt minimize the need for phone support.

I assume that the increased cost of phone support is an issue for you all. I (and I expect many others) would be fine with an option to pay an additional cost to be able to have added phone support. This could help support your business model and increase your revenue stream to offset the additional costs.

Okay, enough of this. But please forward this to Dave T so he can see my concern. Again, some people may not be tech savvy and may need more personal assistance to use a computer application...... or in my case to consider upgrading. And I dread a 1P "emergency" where my passwords are compromised somehow or I somehow delete my database and need to have an immediate "conversation".

I will await the next email from Michael or whoever to see if I can better understand my upgrade options and how to "migrate" my database. I am very familiar with bird migration.......not so much for the 1Password database!

By the way I love 1Password. Thanks for understanding.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcminnesota! While I can't help you with phone support, I absolutely can help you personally and answer every one of your questions. I've just responded to your email and I'm looking forward to your reply!

Once I'm done helping you with 1Password, I'd love to hear a little of what you know about bird migration (serious!). :)

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Also: every one of us at the team behind 1Password is working day and night to make sure you don't have a 1Password "emergency" of any kind! In case you do though, let us know, and we'll be here for you anytime.

By the way, we're so glad you love 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.