Password 6 and Password 7

rickkman
rickkman
Community Member

I have been using 1Password since version 3. I have have a license for 1Password 6. Do I need to purchase a new license for 1Password7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Yes if you want a standalone licence. The options are explained at the end of this AgileBits' blog post, which says:

1Password 7 is included free for everyone with a 1Password membership. Simply unlock 1Password after downloading and you’re good to go.

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

You'll find something of a push towards the 1Password.com subscription but it is still possible to buy a standalone licence.

Stephen

• 2008crna
    2008crna
    Community Member

Yes, it is a $50 standalone license upgrade but it has to be purchased from within the app

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

...or, if you can successfully navigate the 1Password 7 for Mac setup screens, from the setup screen (choose Need a licence? We have those too").

Stephen

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickkman, yes you do need a new license for 1Password 7 because it is a complete redesign. You can check out the upgrade options here.

This discussion has been closed.