Sync between 1Password 6 and 7?

thermidor
thermidor
Community Member

I was rebuilding my MacBook and thought it would be a good opportunity to change my 1Password sync method from Dropbox to iCloud.

In the process I found I had existing data from 1Password 4 on iCloud, which I didn't have the key to. So, in 1Password 6 on my iMac, I used Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset iCloud Data to get rid of the legacy data.

I then downloaded 1Password on my MacBook and automatically got 1Password 7. When I ask the MacBook to use the 1Password data from iCloud, it doesn't accept my normal password for this vault. Is this a version issue, or could it be that the MacBook is seeing the legacy V4 vault which I don't have the password to?

Also, where can I download 1Password 6 for my MacBook - I don't particularly want to pay to upgrade to 7.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thermidor: Hmm. Legacy iCloud data will only be accessible on iOS 7, Mavericks, or lower. Anything running Yosemite, iOS 8, or higher will only be able to access the current iCloud service, the one with iCloud Drive. Are you certain you're using the same Apple ID for iCloud on all your devices? Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data should result in nothing being stored there, so that when you setup iCloud sync again, it will then have your current data and use its Master Password. If iCloud data is not actually being cleared, you may need assistance from Apple. I've just never heard of that happening before.

Regarding downloads, you can get virtually any version from our update site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.