I have the same problem as others. I have 1password7 and the chrome extension is not working.

davidcoburn
davidcoburn
Community Member

My 1password7 is installed on my desktop, not in Applications. I have tried to uninstall it by moving to Trash but it says it is open (which it is not). So from what I see I need to get it installed in my applications folder. Can someone provide me with some guidance?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Mac OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 chrome

Comments

• luv314159
    luv314159
    Community Member

Try opening the app and then hitting control-option-command-Q (all at the same time). This seems to quit the app and the background process that stays running, which is probably why you couldn't delete the app. Then try dragging it to your Applications folder.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@davidcoburn: Putting the browser in the /Applications folder should do the trick, but in case it helps you or anyone anyone else, if Chrome is out of date or has an update pending, that can also break many extensions, including 1Password. Make sure you update Chrome completely:

chrome://settings/help

Or, if that isn't working for some reason, install the latest version from Google's website (which will also direct you to put it in /Applications):

https://www.google.com/chrome

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.