Why ruin perfect APP does this make any sense?

NetStorm
NetStorm
Community Member

At first I am a big fan of the app i started using this application since , Oct 25,2013 1Password 2.6.0 ,
I liked how easy, smooth and very secure it was , from 2.6.0 to 6.8.9 the app he never needed "As far as I know" to saves my personal data, such as logins data, addresses, credit cards to remote server or location , all informations saved locally in MY personal computer or MY dropbox and the app It was native APP

BUT agile bits decided to updated 1Password FROM (Perfect native application one time pay that you can control your data) TO (not good sort of web-based application save your personal data in remote server It may hack, fail, delete, or may be another Facebook scenario)

and to sweet things up its (monthly fee)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I'm not quite sure if I've understood all of the basis of your complaint but just to make it clear you can still buy a standalone licence for 1Password 7—it's just something of a rigmarole getting it and ensuring your not lured into a trial subscription on 1Password.com. Tucked away at the end of this AgileBits' blog post is the following:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

What you have to ensure is that, first, you download 1Password from the AgileBits' store (because the App Store version is subscription only) and, second, when you open the setup screen click on Need a licence? We have those too—which is in a small font towards the bottom of the screen luring you to subscribe.

Stephen

• It sounds as though the information Stephen provided here should be helpful, but if you need anything further please feel free to write back. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.