1Password 7 crashes

north
north
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Upgraded to 1Password 7 Standalone from the Mac App Store version 6.

When using the keyboard shortcut the app crashes.

Have tried uninstalling and re-installing. Tried switching sync methods. Have also uninstalled the Safari extension and re-installed.

This is happening on both of my Macs.

Have also been submitting crash reports.

Help please.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

ref: apple-1561

Comments

• north
    north
    Community Member

Clicking on 1Password Mini also crashes the app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting in touch. As Steve already mentioned via email, the development team is looking into your crashes. Let's continue the conversation there to avoid any confusion between the two places.

ref: IUQ-24451-621

• north
    north
    Community Member

Thanks - but I have received no email.

• north
    north
    Community Member

Thanks - but I have received no email.

• north
    north
    Community Member

I have received no email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@north: Sorry for the mixup. It looks like you didn't actually email us until after I replied to you earlier, and what I found was from someone else. I'll reply to you there now to get some details from you.

ref: TBW-16318-492

• north
    north
    Community Member

I've heard nothing for a couple of days now. Any word on fixing my problem?

• Hi @north. Unfortunately I don’t have further information to share at this point other than to say that we’ve made development aware of the crash and they are investigating further. I’m sorry I don’t have a more imediate solution available but hopefully this can be addressed in an update in the near future.

The only thing I might suggest other than what you’ve already tried would be to change the keyboard shortcut to something else. You can try that in 1Password > Preferences > General.

If you do try it please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• north
    north
    Community Member

Thank you for following up. I just tried changing the shortcut key and that did not help.

But 1Password also crashes when clicking on the 1P mini icon.

• Thanks for letting us know. I’ll follow up with development with that information. Fingers crossed they’ll be able to track down the cause and create a fix soon.

Ben

• honigferd
    honigferd
    Community Member

I'm also suffering from constant crashes when using the browser extension, is there anything I can contribute? It makes using 1p throughout the day very challenging.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @honigferd! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with 1Password 7 -- without taking a closer look at what's going on with your specific setup, however, I wouldn't even want to say your issue is the same one as @north's. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#AIU-95769-792]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @honigferd only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: AIU-95769-792

• honigferd
    honigferd
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you!

I've just sent the report, hopefully it helps.
    Interestingly enough, ever since I did the actual post here I had no more crashes, when before it was almost unusable.
    Here is hoping. :)

P.S. I really love the new interface!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll see if there are any clues there. I'm glad to hear that it's not only been working well for you since, but you're enjoying the new stuff in 1Password 7 too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.