No idea of the costs...

andreamarucci
andreamarucci
Community Member

Surely it's my problem but no one is answering from support.

I've 1password version 6 and I'd like to have v.7
Since it's not a free upgrade and I don't want to have the membership I've asked support to tell me the upgrade costs and I've sent them all the details of my Win & Mac team license.

I'm waiting for a reply from the 6 of June...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• andreamarucci
    andreamarucci
    Community Member

I'll add that I don't want to download v.7 and discover the costs after my password db is converted. I'd like to know this cost before doing that.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@andreamarucci the best place to get the information you need is from this AgileBits' blog post which includes this, tucked away at the bottom:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

Stephen

• andreamarucci
    andreamarucci
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen, my license is 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle Seats 5 so, in this case, how much the update will cost me?

• Is this a “Family license?” We no longer sell licenses that way. The new equivalent to that would be a 1Password Families membership. If you’re not interested in a 1Password Families membership then each person using 1Password would need a license for each platform they are using it on. For 5 people on both Mac and Windows that cost would be in the $650 range, which is likely economically impractical. I’d highly recommend taking a closer look at 1Password Families.

If this is a 5-seat business license, we have a solution there too. Please reach out to our business team at business@1password.com for further information.

Ben

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@andreamarucci because:

• AgileBits no longer do family standalone licences; and
    • there isn't a combined Mac/Windows licence now (I'm not sure if there was before)

you'd have to buy separate Mac and Windows licences plus a licence for each user. :(

I think you'll find someone from AgileBits will be along here very soon trying to persuade you to subscribe to 1Password for Families (which, of course, is what AgileBits is trying to achieve). If in the meantime you want to know what that sort of thing costs take a look at this page.

(I, too, am a standlone licence user so am giving a rather biased view.)

Stephen

• andreamarucci
    andreamarucci
    Community Member

Thanks. Ben I've sent to that email a copy of our license since I really don't know what license is. Please let me know...

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

Thanks @andreamarucci. We’ll be in touch soon.

Ben

ref: SZY-74912-334

This discussion has been closed.