Why can't I sign in to my account with the new version? I'm using the Emergency form.

backpacker048
backpacker048
Community Member

Since the new version came out I can't sigh into my account. What do I need to do to get the program to recognize my password? Th password works on my iPhone and iPad but not on my Mac

HELP!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why can't I sign in to my account with the new version? I'm using the Emergency form.

Comments

• Hi @backpacker048

Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ? It sounds like either the Mac or iOS devices still have a “Primary” vault that has a different Master Password than your 1Password membership. When this happens 1Password unlocks using the Master Password of the Primary vault, and not the membership account password.

Ben

• backpacker048
    backpacker048
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    yes, I can sign in to it, but it has no information on it. A notice at the top says my account is frozen.

I've attached image - maybe.

I'm really not interested in opening an account as I only use this site to store passwords. I don't use any of the benefits. So all I really want is access to my passwords.

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

@backpacker048 Okay no worries. Do you have a license for 1Password for Mac? You'll need one to use the app, and if you had one for 1Password 6 or an older version, it won't work with 1Password 7 since that's a paid upgrade. Your iOS purchases also don't apply since they're just for that platform – that's one thing a 1Password membership simplifies since you get all the apps.

ref: IBV-13282-466

This discussion has been closed.