Chrome extension no longer works

chrisspurgeon
chrisspurgeon
Community Member

Since upgrading to 1Password 7 I have been unable to get the 1P Chrome extension to work properly. The extension appears in my browser's nav bar, but when I click on it, I just see a brief flash of the 1P app and then nothing. I've tried removing the extension and reinstalling the latest version. That made no difference. I tried the same thing with the beta version of the extension, no luck there either. I also updated Chrome, restarted my Mac, checked for system updates, all of that stuff. No luck after any of that. After years of the 1P chrome extension working perfectly the loss of it is maddening.

I ran the diagnostic report app and mailed in the results on June 4 at 9:22PM. But here once again are the relevant version details...

• Chrome Version 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • 1Password 7 Version 7.0.4 (70004001) AgileBits Store
  • 1Password extension version 4.7.1.90 (ID: aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk)
  • Mac OS X v 10.13.4 (High Sierra)

Anything I can do? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @chrisspurgeon! Thanks for sending in those diagnostics.

The first step would be to try our steps here, and make sure that both 1Password and your browser are in your system-wide /Applications folder—if not, our code verification checks will fail!

If none of that does the trick for you, one of my teammates or I will be getting back to you via email after taking a look at your diagnostic report. :)

ref: EZP-48171-372

• MikeAlbu
    MikeAlbu
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem since upgrading.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @MikeAlbu! I'm sorry for our delay in responding. If this issue is still present for you, and you've already tried the troubleshooting steps Henry mentioned in his reply above, then one more question for you: where is 1Password 7 for Mac located? Is it directly inside your /Applications folder? Or have you located it somewhere else, such as ~/Applications or another location on your Mac?

• donutage
    donutage
    Community Member

I was having this problem but solved it by removing the 1Password 7 extension and replacing it with the 1Password X extension from Chrome store. My understanding is that the 1Password X extension is needed if one uses the 1Password subscription service. Hope this helps!

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@donutage You have it backwards. The subscription service is necessary if you want to use the 1Password X extension. HTH

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@donutage - @vplewis is correct: it's the other way 'round. A 1password.com account can be used with either 1Password X or any of our 1Password native apps (and the standard browser extension). But unlike the native app/browser extension combo, 1Password X requires a 1password.com account; since it is browser-based, it must pull your 1Password data from somewhere, and if you don't have a native app with a local vault, then it must come from a remote server -- which is indeed what 1Password X does.

If you'd like to continue using 1Password 7 and the regular browser extension, let us know and one of us can help you troubleshoot whatever wasn't working with your specific setup. If you're fine using 1Password X, great! :)

This discussion has been closed.