Cannot upgrade. Old one locked out. Can't get to my 1Password.

jasjr1023
jasjr1023
Community Member

I tried to upgrade to 7.0.4. In a big mess, can't do it, locked out of the other one. cannot access my previous data on 1Password. don't have a secure key, don't have emergency thing. 83 yrs old, and want to go back to my old one, and forget upgrade. how do i do it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot upgrade. Old one locked out. Can't get to my 1Password.

Comments

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

See above

• Hi @jasjr1023,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. We’d be happy to help with the upgrade. First, to answer your quesion, you can go back to version 6 using these steps:

1. Quit 1Password 7 completely (Open 1Password and then press Control-Option-Command-Q)
    2. Drag 1Password 7 to the Trash
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Download a fresh copy of 1Password 6 here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

That said, could you please elaborate about the trouble you experienced with 1Password 7? We’d like to help.

Thanks.

Ben

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

Ben, that doesn't work. When you trash 7 it leaves the dock and there is nothing left to drag to trash. This would not have happened if Trump had nice to Trudeau.

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

Ben, first of all I am old, but love this app. have all my "key stuff" on it, but cannot get to it. downloaded 7, and they want me to take a screen shot - have no earthly idea how to do that. then manual I do not have all the data, secure key, and one other. cannot find emergency thing that is referred to. meanwhile, I cannot get to any data on 6, therefore I cannot get to bank statements, credit card info, and on and on.

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

Ben, I got some help from our concierge. Reloaded 6 on the dock, and it works. Now we don't know how to get rid of the 7 which is part of the launchpad, as well as 6. 6 is active on dock, thank you Jesus, no more downloads for me.

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for your help. Got it all solved. Deleted 7, got my 6.8.9 back, and I am happy. Never will do another upgrade, too complex

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jasjr1023 - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome -- I'm sorry the 1Password 7 for Mac upgrade did not go smoothly for you. I'd recommend against "never doing another upgrade," because that will mean you'll be stuck using an increasingly old version (6.8.9), since it's now in legacy status and no longer receiving development attention. To be clear, 6.8.9 works just fine now and probably will for some time. But committing to "never upgrade again" is a recipe for a bunch of hurt down the road; potentially far worse than what you experienced here. We'd be happy to help you give the upgrade another shot -- it shouldn't be this difficult -- but that's up to you. Let us know if you want to try again.

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Will try again, but I am too old to try and scan stuff, can't find a secret key, can't find emergency stuff. Will only try if someone will walk me through. Reading stuff for me doesn't cut it.
    Thanks. If you want to help me, call me at [removed]

• Unfortunately we’re not able to provide telephone support but we’ll be happy to give you guidance either here or by email.

Thanks.

Ben

• jasjr1023
    jasjr1023
    Community Member

Thanks. Will just leave well enough alone. Think the upgrade procedure is a lot more complicated that I have ever experienced.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

I think that is a reasonable plan for the short term.

Ben

ref: KNI-35749-189

This discussion has been closed.