I used to love 1password as recommended by Grumpy Old Geeks, but not any more. What has happened??

gregstorm
gregstorm
Community Member

My problems are as described by other posters using latest version of 1Password on Chrome. At this point 1Password only functions reliably as a place to store login information. No more working extensions, no more intuitive help in saving passwords, different, less functional look..... For a product to be thrown into this much chaos almost overnight indicates that there has been some kind of security breach in the product with smash attempts to patch it regardless of how it affects the product functionality. A panic mode, if you will. Some of the product people's posts are very troubling ("I can't promise...., etc") I am looking for another product for my own security. In the meantime I am going to have to work off hard copy so my question is.......How do I print out a report with all the password info in it that I can use in place of 1password??

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: HA!!
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Huh?
Referrer: forum-search:Also having problems. I USED to love 1password.

Comments

• Dr_Owssap1
    Dr_Owssap1
    Community Member

Hey @gregstorm

I'm not an AB employee, but I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble--I haven't upgraded to 7 yet (still on 6), but now you've got me curious . . . In either case, I'm not sure if you're serious or not about wanting to print your logins, but if you are, it's pretty easy: just open the 1P app, select all the items in your vault you want to print (or hit Cmd-A to select all), then go to File --> Print, enter your master password when prompted, and voila!

That being said, if the app still works for you to see your passwords, even if the extension doesn't work, wouldn't it still be easier just to have the app open to copy/paste your login credentials instead of typing them all out manually from a printed page? Not judging, to each their own--just wanted to mention it. :)

Cheers,
    Doc

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregstorm! I'm very curious to hear about the aspects of 1Password 7 you aren't enjoying: could you tell me more so we can learn from your feedback? Please be as specific as possible so we might be able to do something about it. :)

Also, if you prefer the look and feel of the old 1Password 6, you can always switch back for now and return to 1Password 7 later.

• gregstorm
    gregstorm
    Community Member

Henry, the reason I didn't provide details is because I saw all the problems I am having listed by other users, so I'm sure you know all about those problems as well as a few I don't know about. You can tap dance with the usual software support dodges but whatever, just fix your problems and don't release another point release without testing it. You see, prior to upgrading to 7 I started having various problems with 6, sites that formerly auto-logged on that now require manual 'enter' to log in, offers to save logins when it was inappropriate, and not offering to save logins when it Was appropriate, and general changes in look and feel. Anyways I thought 7 would help. NOT!! I'll try to go back but the fact remains the 6 product is not improving but getting worse over time as well, in my opinion. BTW I just had to have my password reset because I forgot to MANUALLY save the password needed to comment on this. Such fun!

• gregstorm
    gregstorm
    Community Member

Dr O, "Print out ' is just a figure of speech. I just want to capture info into a .txt so that I can paste it later. I am forced to manually cut and paste now, and it is a pain, as, of course, prudence requires that the vault auto-lock be set for a reasonable t/o so I have to log in, etc....all the stuff I bought this product to get automated and under control.

• gregstorm
    gregstorm
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Posted twice, can't delete

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@gregstorm Sorry to hear it! We are very much listening to all the wonderful feedback here, so you might be in luck with future v7.x updates to 1Password. :)

If you're having trouble with the extension, the shiny new 1Password X might be worth a try!

Also, let me try to address those concerns:

sites that formerly auto-logged on that now require manual 'enter' to log in

Try going to 1Password > Preferences > Browser, and make sure that the checkbox is enabled for automatically submitting logins after filling. More right here.

offers to save logins when it was inappropriate, and not offering to save logins when it was appropriate

Is your vault unlocked? Things should get a little more reliable once it is, and you can always choose "Never for this site" if password saving prompts are getting in the way on a certain site. Otherwise, 1Password X does this better in my humble opinion!

This discussion has been closed.