Having trouble with unlocking 1Password

This discussion was created from comments split from: Feature Request: More granular controls on password generator.

Comments

• hsee4124
    hsee4124
    Community Member

I am new to 1Password, and when I am on the 1Password.com my secret password works fine,
    When I'm on Google Chrome or Safari and I icon on top, my secret password doesn't work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hsee4124: It sounds like you have the app on your Mac setup with a different Master Password. Do you see a "Primary" vault there? If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there?

• hsee4124
    hsee4124
    Community Member

Hi,
    Let me see if I can make sense of this. On my Desktop, if I sign in on 1password.com, my password works, but if I try to use it icon on both Chrome or Safari, it says that the password is incorrect.
    I downloaded the app to my MacBookAir, and go to 1password.com, and I sign in, using the password, it is no problem, and all the info from my desktop is there, but there are no icons on the top.
    Obviously I'm missing something.

Thanks

• @hsee4124

That is almost definiely the case of having a Primary vault on the desktop then. Instructions for deleting it can be found here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

This discussion has been closed.