To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moved to membership, what to do about vaults

Options
Lance Lawton
Lance Lawton
Community Member

I’ve recently switched from standalone app (after more years than I can remember) to membership. I set it up on my desktop mac at home, and from memory I think I then followed the instructions to delete my Primary vault, which was synced through iCloud to my four devices (desktop, laptop, tablet & phone).

I’m now away from home, working variously on the latter three. I’m noticing that whereas my laptop only has a Personal vault, my phone and tablet have both the Primary and the Personal. And the two have different numbers of items, the Personal having more.

I notice that I can delete the Primary vault in the mobile app. But between my confusion with having thought I’d deleted the Primary already, and the fact that the two presumably don’t have identical content, I’m unsure what to now do.

Comments

• Lance Lawton
    Lance Lawton
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I think I’ve found the answer. Re-read the help file and realised I do need to delete Primary on my mobile (iOS) devices separately. Done it now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there! Glad you were able to get it sorted out, but in case it helps anyone else, after migrating data to a 1Password.com account, removing the old vaults can help avoid trouble down the road:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.