Software updates on my Mac make 1Password link on my browser stop working. How do I reinstall?

catawampus
catawampus
Community Member

When updating my Mac with Apple updates, my 1Password browser link stops working. I know I need to uninstall and reinstall, but where is the file I reinstall? I'm running Safari Version 11.1.1 (13605.2.8) now.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.0.4
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How to install 1Password on my Safari browser post upgrade?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @catawampus! You shouldn't have to re-install your browser extension as part of the process. There IS currently a bug in the Mac App Store version of our updater, where it will not update if you have 1Password running. To solve this, Quit running browsers and Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then perform the update as usual. Nothing else should be required.

If you're having troubles after updating 1Password 7, I'd recommend you restart your Mac to get a fresh system state, and see if the problem persists. If I've misunderstood, and you're referring to something else, can you clarify it for me, please? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.