Brand-new Mac, 1password 7 busted!

jacdx
jacdx
Community Member

Fresh install on a fresh MBP. 1Password7 fails to fill on Chrome 67, Chrome Canary 69, and Firefox 60. Works on Safari. Used 1password's "Install Browser Extensions"--only launched extension installer page in Safari. Other extensions for other browsers had to be installed manually from 1password.com (googled the links). Restart browsers and OS didn't work. Reinstalling extensions didn't work. 1password popups up an error saying it can't fill and you'll need to restart your browser in affected browsers. I've been through all of the debugging steps on the More Info page. I also went through the Native Messaging steps on another Support page, but that ended quickly after the json files that were supposed to be present weren't.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• jacdx
    jacdx
    Community Member

I solved this by completely uninstalling 1Password 7 and installing 1Password 6. Then I was able to install all browser extensions and fill correctly in all browsers. Sorry guys, the 1Password 7 cake isn't ready to come out of the oven yet.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jacdx! I wonder: did you perhaps have 1Password 7 installed somewhere besides your main Applications folder? Like perhaps in ~/Applications instead? If so, that will be the reason why the browser extensions did not work. Unlike previous versions, 1Password 7 tightens security by being fully sandboxed (like Mac App Store applications), so it won't work outside of the Applications folder. We wouldn't have released 1Password 7 if it wasn't ready. :)

This discussion has been closed.