How to synchronise 1Password 7 with drop box?

dave_schultz
dave_schultz
Community Member

How can I synchronise 1Password 7 with drop box? There is not a synchronise option in 1Password 7 Preferences.

I have update my iPhone and iPad and they are synchronising ok via dropbox but not with my Mac 1Password.

Dave

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how to synchronise 1password 7 with dropbox?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @dave_schultz,

If you don't see a Sync tab in 1Password's preferences it would suggest that you don't have any locally stored vaults. Is it possible you only have a 1Password account connected to 1Password 7? Of course this does raise questions as to how you wish to proceed. The idea behind the 1Password accounts is you don't need to faff around with syncing with third part cloud services so if you want to go down the route of the subscription based 1Password account you would want to move all your data into 1Password account vaults and then ensure all devices are only connected to the 1Password account going forward.

If you don't want a 1Password account it may mean you need to purchase a licence for 1Password 7 as 1Password 7 for Mac is a paid update. It's free as part of the ongoing subscription costs of the 1Password account but for those wishing to continue with licences only it's a paid update. I only mention this because the lack of the Sync tab suggests you wouldn't have been prompted about a licence purchase, not as long as an active 1Password account means you're entitled to be running 1Password 7 anyway.

• dave_schultz
    dave_schultz
    Community Member

Thanks "littlebobbytables" I do believe I've figure it out going back to the issues a few hours later. There were two vaults on my mobile devices one of which was the old with was a duplicated into the new vault with my new subscription service and 1Password 7. I have deleted the old vault and now all seems to be synchronising correctly. I think it was just the lack of the synchronise option in the MAC Preferences that cause a little confusion which I now understand is not needed. Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dave_schultz - glad to hear littlebobbytables was able to help you, and things are back to normal and running smoothly. :)

This discussion has been closed.