RE going back to ipass6

sfb2
sfb2
Community Member

On the forum, Ben wrote this reply to @dturbide:

"You can absolutely revert to 1Password 6 if you’d rather not subscribe to a membership or purchase a new 1Password 7 license right now. To do so quit 1Password, drag it to the trash, empty the trash, and download a fresh copy of 1Password 6"

I also wasn't aware that the upgrade (from ipassword 6) would mean purchasing a new license or membership.

Now that I've installed v7, if I uninstall and download v6 again, will I be able to retrieve all my passes and data?
If not, then I'm rather forced to stick with v7, aren't I?

Thanks

1Password Version: v6 (just upgraded to v7, v6 is gone from my comp)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Ben, re your earlier reply to @dturbide: "You can absolutely revert to 1Password 6 if you’d rather not subscribe to a membership or purchase a new 1Password 7 license right now. To do so quit 1Password, drag it to the trash, empty the trash, and download a fresh copy of 1Password 6" I also wasn't aware that the upgrade (from ipassword 6) would mean purchasing a new license or membership. Now that I've installed v7, if I uninstall and download v6 again, will I be able to retrieve all my passes and data? If not, then I'm rather forced to stick with v7, aren't I? Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Now that I've installed v7, if I uninstall and download v6 again, will I be able to retrieve all my passes and data?

Yes - because 1Password 6 does not store its data in the same location as does 1Password 7.

Stephen

• You’ll still have access to all the same data you had previously in v6, so long as you don’t/haven’t done something to delete that data. Some “cleaner” apps such as AppZapper or MacKeeper may remove your data when removing the app, and as such we do not recommend using them on 1Password.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sfb2
    sfb2
    Community Member

Thank you gentlemen.

• You are most welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.