MAC Upgrae 1pass v6 to v7 with a license file (no online account)

staxxnl
staxxnl
Community Member

I've updated 1Password for mac, and now it asks for a sign in, but I have an older version of 1password, before the monthly subscriptions, an I have my vaults saved in dropbox.

There seems to be no way of entering my licence key, so now 1password became completely useless, and I cant access any of my passwords.

How do I activate or bypass the subscribe stuff??

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

It depends where you are in the setup process and that you downloaded from the AgileBits' store (because the App Store version doesn't support standalone licences any more).

If you can still access the initial setup screen there's a little line towards the bottom, underneath the lure to subscribe, which says Need a license? We have those too. You can click on that to buy a standalone licence. Otherwise, look in 1Password 7 at the 1Password 7 menu and there should be an item there that enables you to purchase the licence.

Stephen

• staxxnl
    staxxnl
    Community Member

I already purchaced a license a while ago, and I am definitely not paying for a new one! So how do I enter my license in the app (I downloaded it from the website, not the AppStore)??

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The upgrade from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7, for a standalone licence, is paid not free. See this AgileBits' blog post which includes, tucked away at the bottom, the following:

Those of you with a standalone license for version 6 will be prompted to subscribe or purchase a license when 1Password 7 first opens. Licenses will cost $64.99 but are available during our launch special for only $49.99. Licenses are per-person, per-platform so you can use your single license on as many Macs as you have.

I'm just an ordinary user, like you—trying to help.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @staxxnl,

Stephen is correct, 1Password 7 is a paid update and any previous licence you have won't be valid in 1Password 7. Your licence is still good for whatever version of 1Password you were previously using if you decide to return to it. If you need assistance in reverting back can you let us know what version of 1Password you were previously using, was it version 6 as well as whether you purchased from Apple's Mac App Store or if you purchased directly from us in the past.

This discussion has been closed.