1Password 7 Mini only allows "fill" on main screen

wbfisher
wbfisher
Community Member

This appears to be a new change with 7. Before, we had the ability to make the first click on an entry to copy password. That is now gone and you can only fill form with one click. In order to copy the password, you have to click into the entry and then copy. Extra clicks to do the same function we had before.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wbfisher! Thanks for taking the time to drop by and share your thoughts with us. It depends a bit on the exact situation you're in, but in 1Password 6 for Mac and earlier, if you call the 1Password mini, you would need to highlight the item in question, wait for the flyout details to display, then mouse over to the password field and click "Copy." In 1Password 7, you highlight the item in question, click the arrow, the menu displays immediately, and you click "Copy." So, one extra click but also no waiting for flyout menu display.

For my own workflow, that's about a wash. Your mileage may vary, of course, but if speed of copying a password is important to you, then may I suggest using the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘C (Shift + Command + C). This will copy the password of the selected item without having to open it at all, either in a flyout menu or in a slide-over menu as in 1Password 7. Hope this helps!

• wbfisher
    wbfisher
    Community Member

Excellent, that keyboard shortcut is an even better option. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wbfisher - glad I was able to help! If you like the sound of that keyboard shortcut, you may be interested to check out the full list of keyboard shortcuts available in 1Password for Mac. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.