duplicate entries with 1password 6 (stand alone) after signing up for version 7 subscription service

jvigue
jvigue
Community Member

I am using the 1password 6 version (stand alone for mac) and I sync with my dropbox account. I signed up for the trial v.7 subscription service and know I have duplicate entries when I log in. I don't want the subscription service so I deleted v.7 and reinstalled v.6. when I install the v.6 it already has all my logins (it is not yet set up to sync with dropbox). once I set it up to sync with dropbox it states I have 2 files and wants to merge them. the dropbox data file is the most up to date. How do I get rid of all the local dropbox data files on my local computer so that when I sync to the dropbox file it is only 1 data file with no duplicates. this has been a pain and I have been trying to fix it for days.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jvigue! Sorry for the trouble you're having with duplicated entries after cancelling a 1password.com membership.

I don't want the subscription service so I deleted v.7 and reinstalled v.6.

To be clear, this isn't required. Switching from a standalone setup to a 1password.com membership/subscription can be done without upgrading from 1Password 6 for Mac to 1Password 7 for Mac, and the reverse is also true. If you'd like to continue using 1Password 7 without a subscription, we do have standalone licenses available as an in-app purchase if you downloaded from us (AgileBits) instead of from the Mac App Store. You don't have to switch back to the now-legacy version 6.

once I set it up to sync with dropbox it states I have 2 files and wants to merge them

If you're certain that the file in Dropbox is your current and up-to-date 1Password data, then you can launch 1Password 6 for Mac but don't unlock it with your Master Password, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data, which will erase all your internal 1Password 6 data and quit the app. When you re-launch it, choose Dropbox as your sync method, and 1Password will import your data from the Dropbox keychain.

This discussion has been closed.