CMD + / no longer works :(

anmol
anmol
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

1Password 6 used to work perfectly for me. After installing 1Password 7, CMD + / has stopped working for me. On pressing CMD + /, it doesn't auto detect the site I am on (for even simple sites like Twitter or Gmail) and when I tap manually on a site in 1Password extension what is does is opens the website in new tab.

To get it working, I have to manually copy my email and password in every login form.

One serious question: Is it possible to get back to 1Password 6? I really wanna go back because I can live without any feature you remove from 1Password except this one. Please tell me there is a way.

I have tried uninstalling the app. Even tried reinstalling my macOS High Sierra. That's how badly I want it. It is still not working for me.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• anmol
    anmol
    Community Member

Anything on this??

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

To clarify, you wrote that you use Command + / (forward slash). The proper keyboard shortcut is Command + \ (back slash). Could this be the source of your issue?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@anmol - @hawkmoth's question is exactly what I wanted to ask while reading your post as well. Can you clarify for us?

• anmol
    anmol
    Community Member

@hawkmoth @Lars I am sorry for this stupid typo. Yes I am using Command + \ (back slash). Just checked it to confirm.

P.S. - If I were to be using forward slash, 1Password mini won't pop up. Really sorry for this stupid typo.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@anmol Do you have the 1Password extension installed in your browser? If so, what happens when you click on the icon in your browser toolbar? If the extension's not working right, then CMD + \ won't be either—if that's the source of the trouble we can probably find the issue!

• anmol
    anmol
    Community Member

@Henry Can I upload a video here? I can show you what happens. The extension does open but it doesn't auto fill the form. I have to manually fill it every time.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anmol I gotcha, I don't think I need a video (though you can most certainly upload one to Dropbox/Google Drive/any service you like and share the link here!). First thing you should make sure of: that both 1Password 7 and your browser are in your system-wide /Applications folder; if they're not, our code validation will make things fail in just this way. If that doesn't do it, try our guide right here.

Let me know how that helps, and I'm here for more. :)

• anmol
    anmol
    Community Member

@Henry They're in the Applications folder. I shared a video through DM on your twitter channel. Can you check it there? If you can't then let me know, I will upload it somewhere.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@anmol Haven't seen it sorry! Uploading it somewhere would be perfect :+1:

This discussion has been closed.