To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Deletion instructions

Options
Lherr016
Lherr016
Community Member

Hello. I stopped using 1Password several months ago to try an alternative. Having recently seen updates made by 1Password I would like to give it another shot. Sadly, having been convinced I would never use 1Password again I lost all of my recovery information (secret key, master password, etc..). I emailed support yesterday evening and haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know of a way I can delete my account associated with my email address so I can start over, or is it only something support can help me with? Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You won’t be able to get into that account without your master password, so if you want to use the same email address again, I don’t hink there is anything you can do, except wait for assistance. If you find your old credentials, you could manage your account online, including deleting it.

• Ben
    Options

If you do not have your credentials we may be able to help, but it’ll need to be via email. I apologize for the delay in getting emails out. Our team has been overwhelmed by the tremendous response to the release of 1Password 7. If you can please post your support ID here I’ll make sure the ticket is in the appropriate spot.

Thanks.

Ben

• Lherr016
    Lherr016
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben,

Thanks for commenting. I got an email from a Kaitlyn in reins to HG-24392-349 support ID. I think she's handling it. I'm just waiting for a response from her.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

Great. We’ll continue the conversation there. :)

Ben

ref: HHG-24392-349

• Lherr016
    Lherr016
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the help Ben. When Kaitlyn emails me back hopefully today I’ll let her know you touched base with me as well.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.