What does "Conflicts" mean when it appears in a website's "Item Detail"?

ACDCHNL
ACDCHNL
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I'm looking at my Amazon's "Item Detail" page in the "Edit" mode. Below the "website" appears "CONFLICTS" with a red minus sign on the right. Below the "CONFLICTS" is listed gray "label" "new field" and below that gray "SECTION" and "label" and "new field". What does "CONFLICTS" mean? This is the only 1PW7 Item Detail page I have that I know of with "CONFLICTS" showing.

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: AgileBits Membership
Referrer: forum-search:Conflicts

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ACDCHNL - "Conflicts" means that at some point in the past, 1Password encountered a sync conflict which it could not resolve. There are a number of ways this could've happened, but because 1Password is very conservative with your data (we never want to risk data loss), we make it so that it never tries to make "guesses" about which iteration of your data for a certain record is the correct one, if it can't be 100% sure.

So, for example, if you had changed a record on one device (maybe edited or added something), but that device didn't have an internet connection at the time so couldn't sync, and in the meantime, you changed the record in a different way on a different device so that when sync finally did occur, there was no way to determine which changes you wanted, that's when 1Password will copy changes into a "Conflicts" field -- so you don't lose any data and you can make changes yourself. Just click "Edit" and look at what's there. You can remove or change anything that's unneeded or wrong, as well as removing the "Conflicts" message also, then re-save the record. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.