Cannot upgrade from 1password 6 (App Store version) to 1password 7 subscription

Peoke
Peoke
Community Member

Hi

I bought 1Password 6 years ago from the App Store. Now I want to upgrade to a 1Password 7 membership.

When I launch 1Password 7, I am able to login with my 1Password 6 password, without any issues. If I try to sign up to new membership through the app, I am told that I already have an account and need to sign in instead. But when I sign in my email is accepted but not my password.

I may have been signed up for a membership at some point in the past. Could this has something to do with it?

Does this make sense?

Long story short: I want to subscribe the 1password 7 membership and keep everything from 1password 6. How do I do that?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Peoke

If you had signed up for a membership trial in the past that would explain what you’re seeing. I take it you no longer have the Emergency Kit from that membership? If that is the case please email us at sales@1password.com from the email address on the membership. When you do please post the support ID that you get back here.

Thanks!

Ben

• Peoke
    Peoke
    Community Member

hmm... To much work. I will stick with the free version

• Whatever works best for you. If you change your mind please feel free to reach out to us. :)

Ben

• Peoke
    Peoke
    Community Member

Here you go:

TRJ-84658-876

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Peoke - thanks, I've replied to you via email.

ref: TRJ-84658-876

• Peoke
    Peoke
    Community Member

I deleted my former account with the link you provided. I was able to sign up for the new subscription (Both got confirmation email from apple and 'Verify email address mail' from you guys)

Now I am not able to log in. I have created my master password, but it is not working. When I reinstall 1password 7 it doesn't prompt me for email address - only password. So I believe that I somehow is still logged in with my old account.

Furthermore I cannot log in to the website because i need my secret key.... Which I located in the app..... which i can't access.....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Peoke - I've replied to you once again. If you don't mind, let's keep the conversation going via email, please. When we have to stop and coordinated multiple responses to the same question/issue among multiple team members here across multiple points of contact, it increases confusion and slows down support times for everyone, including you. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.