Need to Find Previously Generated Password

AMBesq
AMBesq
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I created a password with the password generator in the Safari plug-in, but did not use the fill option. I manually cut and pasted it into the form of the website. When I went to create a login, it was no longer in memory I guess because I can't paste it. I can find it in the password generator, and use it to login by clicking on it, but I cannot see the plain text or cut it in order to make a permanent login--nor can I get 1Password to prompt me to make/update a login when I use the previously generated password. What can I do?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version:_10.13.4
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @AMBesq! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with a generated password just now. To be clear, you can click on the Passwords category in 1Password 6 for Mac, locate the password in question, and hover over the right of the password field, and you should see the option to copy the password. You should also see a button at the bottom of the record that says "Convert to Login." Pressing this will move the item into the Logins category and allow you to add a username, etc. I'm not saying the resulting record will definitely work, but it may very well.

If not, you can copy the password once more, and then follow these instructions to Save a Login Manually, which is sometimes necessary for more-unusual login pages. One of those two methods should have you covered. Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.