1Password 7.0.4 Update Mac App Store

pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

I noticed there was an update pending in the App Store, but when I attempted to install the update an error message appeared stating the update could not be installed while the app was running and that I should quit it and then attempt again. I do have the 1Password account. I had not used 1Password on my computer in a week or so and had not launched it before this attempt. But I went ahead, launched it, and then quit it from the menu bar drop down. However I still kept getting the same error message.

I finally resolved this by using the menu bar extension/icon and the gear icon for the option to "Quit 1Password Completely." That removed the menu bar icon and afterwards I was able to get the update installed without issue.

Is that the correct way to have updates installed? Or is there a setting to be able to have them installed automatically, which I think would be preferable?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• phirenze
    phirenze
    Community Member

I was having the same problem for the past week +. Thanks for the tip that worked finally.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is currently that problem with App Store updates (i.e., you have to quit 1Password 7 completely to allow them to take place). AgileBits knows about the problem and hopes to fix it.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pappjo and @phirenze - Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm hoping @Stephen_C's suggestion got everyone sorted? If not, let us know, and thanks for your patience.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I finally figured out how to do it, but it really shouldn’t be necessary. Maybe you have and I wasn’t paying attention but an email explaining how to get and install the updates would be helpful. Using the mini app settings gear to completely quit the app was easy enough but took me quite a while to figure that out.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@pappjo I'm glad that got you sorted! You're completely right that it shouldn't be necessary—our developers are looking into making it a little smoother in the future. :)

ref: apple-1604

This discussion has been closed.